What another amazing
week in the best mission in the world!!
The Lord has truly blessed us in this
part of his vineyard, and I am excited to share some of the experiences that I
was able to witness this week.
This whole week was
Chinese New Year, and it was quite the time to be serving in the Chinese Ward.
On Saturday, we had another Chinese New Year party. It was quite the turn out as
many members as well as less active members came. We were able to meet so many
people. It was a success!!
Today was the first time we had the privilege to go to the temple in over two months. It was such an amazing experience to spend time there this morning and to receive instruction for what the Lord would have me do in my life. After the Endowment session, they asked for two Elders to help with Sealings. I volunteered my companion and me to which we were able to spend an extra hour in the temple witnessing deceased brothers and sisters be sealed for time and all eternity. While I think all the ordinances that we perform in the temple are special, there continues to be a renewed love for being able to witness the sealing ordinance. I invite all who are able to go and to take part in that ordinance. There are so many amazing blessings that are promised to us, and I know that because they cannot be matched. They are worth every step or trial that we go through in our lives. I cannot wait for that day when those blessings can be sealed upon me and another. May we all have that goal to be in the temple.
Everyone says a
mission changes you. It is so true! On my mission I have experienced so many personal
changes that I could have never experienced anywhere else. Another experience
that many go through is one of their stomach. If any of you know me well
enough, you would know that I would not touch any seafood before my mission. I
refused to have anything from "under da sea." Since coming on my
mission, I have had heaps of seafood. This past week we were able to go and get
fish (calamari, muscles, cod) and chips and celebrate a missionary's birthday.
I would have never expected this to have happened, but there you go!
Back to the spiritual! We
had a few minutes at a train station earlier this week, so I decided to strike
up a conversation with a man named Tony. He wasn't really interested in talking,
but I kept the conversation going. I just talked to him casually and eventually the
question came, "So, why are you in Australia?" I explained that we
were missionaries and asked him if he was very religious. He replied that he
had never had a religion and switched the topic to something else. For the next
couple minutes, I tried to understand him more. Eventually the train came, and he
asked for our number. I agreed and said, "Only if we can get your
number." We traded numbers, parted ways, and we went onto the rest of
our day. I was planning on messaging Tony later that day, but he beat me to it.
Just a few hours later, he replied and said, "Hi Elder Wilde. I am Tony. I
never had a religion but after talking with you, I want to know more about God.
When can we meet?" We scheduled a time and will be meeting later this
week. People will recognize us as servants of our Heavenly Father so long as we
have done our part. I was grateful to know that I had done my part and because
of that, Heavenly Father was able to help another son.
I am grateful for the continued support that you have for me
in this work. I thank you for the prayers that have been offered in my behalf.
I do now know where I would be without them.
Love,
Elder Wilde
No comments:
Post a Comment