Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sixty-second Week - March 30, 2015

Hello, Everyone! 

What another amazing week in the best mission in the world!  This weeked kicked off with a fun trip to the Taronga Zoo.  It was Elder Yang's birthday and that was something he wanted to do.  This time was a lot better than the last time as there werent as many people and the animals were actually moving so that was exciting.  After the Zoo, we were able to take a ferry out and to our luck it pulled up right in front of the Opera House.  It was great to be able to get so close to the Opera House and to take a few more pictures.  All in all, it was a great P-Day filled with laughs and lots of exploring. 

  





We also had the opportunity to have a Chinese Conference for most of the Chinese Speaking missionaries in the mission.  It was a day where we were able to get together and speak Chinese to one another.  We had a number of native Chinese speakers share thoughts and feelings about the church in their homeland.  I was also blessed to give a training during the day.  It was a great time to feel united as Mandarin speaking missionaries. 

This week were went finding and found ourself at a bus stop outside the shopping center.  I saw a university student sitting down at the bus stop and decided to talk to her.  I found out that she was from Taiwan and that she was here studing Commerce.  I asked her if she had ever seen the missionaries on their bikes, and she said that she had seen them before and that she knew what they did.  She then told me that she knew about our church because she had a friend that was serving a mission in Melbourne.  I asked her if she had ever gone to church or if she believed in God.  She said she had never been to church and that she believed there could be a God but did not know what to do.  She told me her friend, currently serving in Melbourne, had never talked to her about God.  I asked if she wanted to learn to which she said she would like to.  We set a return appointment and exchanged numbers and went on our way. 

I thought about the relationship of the girl and her friend who is currently serving a mission in Melbourne.  There were two big thoughts that came to my mind that I would like to share today before I close my email.  The first thought is as follows:  I am sure we have many friends who are not members of the Church or know little about God in general.  They may have questions but may feel too scared or too shy to ask that would gladly open a conversation that we are just waiting to have.  Often times we believe that no one wants to hear our message of the Restored Gospel but how terribly wrong we all are.  We cannot assume these things.  I am sure Evelyn's missionary friend never knew that she wanted to know whether or not there is a God.  Please, never assume that someone does not want to know.  When we do this, we cut others off from the power of the restored gospel and more importantly the Atonement of the Savior. 

The Second thought I had was that Evelyn has been having this question for quite sometime. It dates back to before she came to Sydney while she was in Taiwan.  She has seen missionaries and had a member friend.  Heavenly Father perfectly knew what she wanted to know.  He provided a way that she was able to have an interaction with someone that could help her come closer to Him.  Heavenly Father will always find a way to help his children come unto him.  He may use the strongest of members or the weakest of missionaries, like myself, but he does find a way.  May we all be the means of bringing the light of the gospel to those around us is my prayer. 

I am grateful for the opportunity to share these words with you.  I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who does all he can to leave no one behind. 

Love,

Elder Wilde 


P.S. This picture was just sent out and was taken at District Leader Training at the beginning of the transfer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment