Monday, March 23, 2015

Sixty-first Week - March 23, 2015


Hey, everyone! 

I am grateful to be able to write to you today.  Today is going to be a rather short letter as we are heading to the Zoo for Elder Yang's birthday.  I will make sure to take some pictures and to write a longer letter next week to make up for this week. 

This week we went down to Milson's Point for our Zone P-day and had a picnic together.  We brought out ping pong paddles as last time we were there we found a ping pong table. Elder Fowler and I decided to go over to play and it turns out that it is one of the coolest views of the Opera House and of the bridge.  The table is located directly under the Harbour Bridge and from where the table is positioned, you can have a pretty neat view of the Opera House.  Only in Sydney right? 




After we played ping pong, we went down to the water front and took some pictures.  While we were taking pictures there was a man that was fishing.  While it's illegal to fish in the harbour, the little Chinese man didn't mind all too much and was taking full advantage of it. He was catching a fish about every two minutes, and I had to take a quick picture with this champion fisherman! 
 
On Tuesday, we had a Zone Conference with our zone and a neighboring zone.  I was asked by the Mission President to give a training on the importance of church, why it's so crucial for our investigators to go, and the blessings that we seek from it.  I was positive in a room full of missionaries that everyone understood the blessings of attending church.  As I was preparing for the training, I learned that often times the blessings seem to be the reason everyone attends church.  That is not how it should be.  I decided to have a quick experiment and at the beginning of the training, I asked everyone why we come to church. There were numerous answers given.  I affirmed that what they said were all good blessings of coming to church, but by the end of the training helped others understand that we go to church to draw nearer to the Savior.  I think many of us miss this crucial point.  Some of us, if not all of us, at one time or another, look at the blessings as the source of our attendance. It should not be like that.  We should go to church so that we can draw nearer unto the Savior.  Every blessing that we receive as a result of ending church stems from developing faith in the Savior through church attendance.  I pray that we may always see things for their true nature and not the blessings found therein. 

Thank you all so much for your support, love, and encouragement!  Until next week. 

Love,

Elder Wilde   

No comments:

Post a Comment