Hello, Hello
This week was another
great week here in the Australia Sydney North Mission, the world's greatest
mission!!
This week we were
able to take part in Stake Conference that spanned over two days. In
preparation for Stake Conference, we were helping Felix Li prepare to be
ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood. Felix recently moved down from
Newcastle to our ward. He was baptized by missionaries up there in October of
last year. We talked to him about getting the Melchizedek Priesthood a few
weeks ago and put him through a prep class. Felix had all his interviews needed
and when the time came to get his recommendation form filled out, Elder Hung and
I were confused. I had never heard about this form before and Elder Hung had never
heard about this form before. We went back and asked the bishop who said he
thought we were going to give him the form. He then told us that we needed to
print the form and have him sign it before he (the bishop) left on Thursday for two weeks.
Well, we went to the chapel the next day with the clerk and proceeded to look
up his name. Lo and behold, his records hadn't been requested yet!
Well, we started to
call around to figure out which ward he was baptized in. Felix wasn't answering
the phone, so we had to call the missionaries in the previous area who baptized
him to get all his information. We eventually got it all and sent off the
requests mid Wednesday afternoon. At that point, it was a waiting game for the
other clerk in the other ward. Not leaving it to chance, we called the
assistants to connect us to the missionaries in the other ward and told them
what we were doing. The next day, we came back to the chapel and the record had
been sent to us. We then printed the form, rushed over to the bishop's house
right before he was about to leave for the airport. He signed the form and then
we were able to take it to the Stake President who then signed it. On Sunday,
Felix was sustained to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. As I sat there and
we sustained Felix and 26 other men to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood, I
pondered on the effort and work it took to get this all taken care of. Then my
thoughts were turned to how Heavenly Father orchestrates everything, and we
really have no clue what goes on. Felix will never know to what extent how
many people were involved in helping him be ordained, and I think you and I
will never know the extent of what Heavenly Father does to make sure we get to
where we need to be.
I am grateful for the
opportunity I had to sustain him and Jason. Elder Lee and I were
able to teach, baptize, and help ordain the Aaronic Priesthood on Jason before
we were transferred. On Sunday, he was sustained to receive the Melchizedek
Priesthood. It was another humbling experience to see how far Jason had come
and to witness another miracle as a son of God is progressing back to his Heavenly
Father and taking another step towards his divine potential. I am grateful for
the examples of Felix and Jason in my life and the opportunity I have had to be
apart of theirs. I am so very thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who does
all he can to make sure we get where we need to go.
Thank you all for
your prayers and for the love that you continue to show to me.
Love,
Elder Wilde

No comments:
Post a Comment