Monday, March 16, 2015

Sixtieth Week - March 15, 2015

Hey, Everyone!!!!

I am excited to share some of the things going on in this part of the world.  A member recently sent a few pictures to me that were taken a little while ago.  The first picture is with me and my son, Elder Vaughn who I had the opportunity of training. 
The second picture is of me with my Zone Leader, Elder Moore, before he got transferred.  Interestingly enough, Elder Moore lived a large portion of his life in Guam and we are pretty sure he met some relatives of ours that used to live in Guam as well.  Pretty small world!!  Both these pictures were taken two days before I got transferred, but I figured the were good enough to share!!
I guess one of the interesting things about serving in a Chinese Ward is that you never quite know what they are going to bring to church on any given Sunday.  Yesterday there were heaps and heaps of bread that one of the members brought to share with everyone in the ward.  After Priesthood was over and right before Ward Council began, a few of us went in to grab a bite to eat.  There were heaps of different breads, and they were all so good! 

When I first walked past the kitchen, I saw heaps of the women in there and thought to myself, "Far out! Thats heaps of bread!"  I grabbed a little something then went and taught Young Men and came back for seconds later.

We were traveling in the South Mission yesterday to go and have dinner with a member family.  On our way back to our car, we saw this on the wall that talked about referrals.  I guess while you are on your mission, you find a new way to laugh at things.  With what is on the wall being said, if you have any referrals of people that are Chinese and living in Sydney, send them my way!! 
 
Probably one of the most spiritual things that happened this week was that we were able to confer the Melchizedek Priesthood on Felix yesterday.  I talked about his story last week, but I am happy to say that he was able to receive it this week!  What a wonderful time it was to be able to stand and to witness such a sacred moment.  After he was ordained, he gave both Elder Hung and I a huge hug to express his appreciation.  I just felt blessed to be apart of it!  The blessings of being on the Lord's errand.
Lastly, my little brother Preston was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this weekend.  While I was not able to attend, Ryde ward had a little eight year old girl that was being baptized.  As I was sitting in the chapel, I could not help but think of Preston (not because he is a girl).  This little girl and Preston had very similar characteristics, and Sussan was so excited to be baptized.  I am grateful for Preston and his willingness to follow the guidance of a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for my family and my extended family who continue to support him throughout his life.  I am sad I could not be there, but I know that this is where I am supposed to be, and I know that there will be other opportunities to be a part of big moments in his life.  I love you, Preston Boy!!!
 
Well, that about wraps it up for this week.  Thank you all for your continued support.  I really do appreciate it!
Love,
Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment