大家好 - 新年快乐!!
On Monday, we took Elder Fowler and Elder Hung
down to the Harbour Bay to take pictures. These are a few of the ones that I
got while I was down there. I think it's much better in proselyting clothes than
in normal clothes. Don't you?
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone!! This week we had the opportunity to celebrate Chinese New Year. We were invited to a member's home who lives in the South mission. Besides the fact that we ran into South Missionaries and had an awkward encounter with them, it was really fun. There was heaps of amazing Chinese food, and I felt like I walked out 10 pounds heavier! There were some people that dressed up that were running around Eastwood (where I live).
Its been eventful to be in the Chinese Ward at this
time of the year, and we have been blessed with the opportunity to be with many
members and celebrate with them!
Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Elder
Robbins of the Presidency of the Seventy came and had a combined conference with
both the missions in Sydney. It was a great opportunity to ask questions and receive heaps of revelation. From the many questions that were answered, I give
a few of the things I learned and received. One of the first questions that was
asked was posed by a sister missionary who said the following, "As a member
of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, what is one of the biggest problems that you
see in our generation?" The answer was quite interesting. He said,
"We see that in an age where we have vast amounts of information, young
people like you are trying to find the perfect person and the perfect marriage
right away." He goes on to say, "The finding the perfect marriage
does not exist, you have to create it." I found that thought very
interesting.
Another missionary asked the following question, "Why are you
here and what are we supposed to get out of this?" After being rebuked
for a moment by Elder Bednar, he posed the question to the general audience. No
one raised their hand so I decided to. I said, "You are here so we know
that we don't have to ask an Apostle to get answers to our questions". To
my astonishment he affirmed my answer and said, "That is exactly right. If
you learn properly today, then you should never have to ask an Apostle a
question again." Well, I can tell each one of you that Elder Bednar is an
Apostle of the Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. He is a Special Witness and there
is not anything, ever that will change that testimony.
This week we were daily planning. We had set a
goal to find two new investigators the next day. At the end of setting all of
our key indicators, I told Elder Hung that we should write names down of people
the Lord had prepared and go and find them the next day. I wrote day the name
"James," and Elder Hung kind of looked at me, laughed, and said, "Do you
really think that will happen?" I said, "Of course, I know it will happen."
He declined to write down a name and we said our closing prayer. Up until we
went out, I prayed that Heavenly Father would provide a way that I could find "James," talk to him, and set a return appointment.
Well, we were out on Herring
Road the next day. I had just sent a text and looked behind me and there was a
guy walking towards me. I struck up a conversation with him. Turns out that he
was keen to learn more about Jesus Christ. The conversation went on and I
invited him to learn more and he said he would love to. We set a return
appointment and as we were exchanging phone numbers I said, "My name is
Elder Wilde. What is your name?". He said, "Oh, my name is
James." I honestly felt overcome by the spirit. A huge smile came over me
and I looked at Elder Hung while the the New Investigator was walking away, and
we were both smiling. He started to walk and I said, "No, we need to say a
prayer right now." We said a prayer and gave thanks to Heavenly Father for
working a huge miracle in front of our eyes. After the prayer, we continued to
walk around and I continued to be humbled as the day went on.
Elder Wilde
No comments:
Post a Comment