Monday, February 16, 2015

Fifty-sixth Week - February 15, 2015


Hello, everyone!! 

It has been a great week to serve in the Sydney North Mission!  

One of the new Elders living in the Flat with Elder Hung, myself, and Elder Yang, is Elder Fowler.  Because Elder Hung and Elder Yang cook the majority of the time, we often don't have much to do while we were waiting.  During the week while we were waiting for the rice to finish cooking, we plopped ourselves in front of the rice cooker and waited for the button to go off.  I don't know how long we waited, but it was long enough for the other Elders to get a picture. Our patience paid off, however, as we got to see the button go off!!  While it may be pretty sad, Elder Fowler and I celebrated like we had won the lottery. 

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!  While mission rules prohibit missionaries from going on dates or anything like that, there doesn't seem like there is anything about going on a date, in your flat, with your stuffed bear that your family gave you.  That's what ended up happening.  

However, more importantly I was very blessed to go back to Greenwich as David was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the following day.  I believe that I wrote a little while back about how David was struggling with the Word Of Wisdom.  It is amazing to now talk to him and see what a change he has made and how he recognizes all the blessings of keeping the Word of Wisdom.  I am grateful and humbled for the opportunity I had to go and be a part of his baptism. I am so proud of the decision that he has made. 
 
David's baptism is a firm and unwavering example that the Lord has a plan and that while things may not be done in the time or order we expect them, they do always happen!   There were so many prayers and fasts that went into this, and I know that as each of us have that same motivation and same persistence, we can see miracles.  This makes for one of the best Valentine's Days I have had.  It's different for sure, but it was a great day!!! 

I look forward to catching up with you in a weeks time! 

Love,

Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment