Monday, July 13, 2015

Seventy-seventh Week - July 13, 2015


Hello, Hello! 

Syndey is FREEZING!  Last year when I got here, it was not this cold.  I think it is because I was used to Boston winter.  That being said, everything has changed and it is cold!  With that being said, it's made everything we do that much sweeter! 

On P-Day last week, Elder Orr and I went into a local shop to see if they had anything cool that we might want to get our hands on.  We didn't walk out with anything, but we did find something pretty funny.  We got a pretty good kick out of it.  The shop is owned by a Chinese man who didn't have any particular desire to learn about the Gospel.  We still got a laugh out of it though! 
 
We, also, had the opportunity to have Zone Meeting this week.  In addition to that, we also had a "Meet the President" seminar right after our Zone Meeting.  We went and bought pizzas and had a quick lunch in between.  When Elder Orr was walking in with a few of the pizzas, there was a bird that flew into the building.  He tried escaping but kept running into the glass windows.  Eventually the bird and I had a standoff to see who would move first. The bird lost, but I made it over to the door.  As I was trying to open the door, the bird kept swooping at me and attacking me.  I eventually got the door open and the bird flew out, so that's good and he didn't drop any bombs on me, so that was an even bigger plus. 





After that whole fiasco, we settled back in.  Shortly thereafter, President and Sister Checketts arrived.  We were able to meet with them as a Zone for about two hours and get to know them better.  They had a question and answer session for all the missionaries.  They are awesome!  I am excited to learn from both of them!! 
 (Elder Orr, Elder Wilde, and the new Mission President and his wife:  President and Sister Checketts)

This week while Elder Orr and I were street contacting, we met a University student named Ying.  Ying is from Malaysia.  She is here at UNSW studying Mechanical Engineering.  She has been brought up in a Christian home her whole life and currently goes to the Methodist Church.  She agreed to meet with us and we were able to talk with her for a while on Saturday.  As we talked, we started to ask her about her core beliefs and how they have affected her life.  She shared some things that have truly helped her and then asked us the same question.  Elder Orr and I both shared and testified of prophets.  She started to ask about why we still need prophets today.  We ended up teaching her the Restoration and committing her to read the Book of Mormon and to be baptized when she comes to know that the Church is true.  She committed to everything and then made a remark that she never knew we still needed prophets.  She was excited to know that because a loving Heavenly Father does not change and because He loves us the same as He did those anciently, He will always provide a Prophet. 

How grateful I am to know that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to send us prophets who lead and guide us through such times as these.  We have recently witnessed the passing of two of the Lord Apostles.  How sad it was to say goodbye, for now, to these two great leaders and spiritual giants. The Lord's true church holds all the keys and in a few months' time, we will all sustain two new individuals to fill those vacancies.  While I do not know them by name, I have already started to pray for them that they may receive heaven's help in fulfilling their new callings.  I would hope each of us would be doing the same. 

Thank you for your prayers of love and support. 

Love,

Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment