Hello, Everyone!
It's great to be able
to share a few of the experiences that Elder Orr and I have had this week. We
have had a great opportunity to spend time with many of our Heavenly Father's children
and have been able to have such sacred experiences.
This week, Elder Orr
and I were able to take a trip out to Bondi Beach. We went as the sun was going
down and were able to take some pictures and toss the Rugby ball. It was a
great time but got cold pretty quick!
This week, we were
invited to attend the funeral of a recently deceased man that Elder Orr had
been teaching in his last ward. While there, I took time to look around and take
notice of the many different feelings that people exemplified. There were
non-members and members who could not hold back tears of sadness to see such a
great man depart his mortal life. There were many who shared remarks and
feelings. Among those were some not of our faith who shared comments that they
will never see Franklin again. I sat there and wondered what my life would be
like without the Plan of Salvation. I sat there and wondered how different
things would be if I were to never to see a dearly loved cousin, who passed
away before my leaving on a mission. I thought about what it would be like to
never see an uncle who battled various mental and physical challenges before
leaving his earthly tabernacle.. As I thought about these two individuals,
amongst others, I reflected back on the Atonement of the Savior. As I did
this, the Holy Ghost brought back something that I had already known but was
something that I needed to hear once again.
In our Heavenly Father's plan, there
are no true endings just everlasting beginnings. The sting of death has no
permanent and lasting effect on us because our perfect exemplar overcame that
for each of us. I sat there grateful for the lives that Heavenly Father had
blessed me to come in contact with and to learn from that I may be able to go
and declare the message of everlasting life. In addition, I gained a greater
appreciation for Eternal Marriage. I thought back to my own parents who have
recently celebrated their wedding anniversary. While I don't shed tears as I
watch their wedding video anymore, I have gained a deeper understanding and
appreciation for what their Sealing means to me and to my brothers. I am
grateful for two loving parents who love their own family enough to be sealed
for time and all eternity. What examples they are to me of someone living in
accordance to Heavenly Father's great plan. I love you, Mom and Dad!!
As I express my love
for my own mother and father, I also look to my mission parents who will be
leaving tomorrow. President and Sister Howes have finished their short three-year mission as Mission President and Wife of the Australia Sydney North
Mission. Yesterday we had a special conference with President and Sister Howes.
President Howes also gave each of us a blessing as we had a last interview with
him. In my time as a missionary under their care, I have been able to learn so
much from both of them. As they leave our mission, I express my love and
gratitude for all that they have done for me. They truly are a mother and
father to me. Sitting there at the close of the meeting, I could not hold back
tears. I leaned over to Elder Orr and we both said, "I haven't cried this
hard since I said bye to my parents and went into the MTC" at the exact
same time. I love them so very much and am excited for what President and
Sister Checketts hold as they take over and fill such big shoes. With that
being said, I know that they have been called of God, and I am ready to learn
and see what the Lord has in store.
Thank you for all
that each of you do. Love you all so much!!
Elder Wilde

No comments:
Post a Comment