Monday, July 20, 2015

Seventy-eighth Week - July 20, 2015


Hello!! 

This week has been a bag of mixed emotions, but it has been an amazing 
experience nonetheless! 

Today we had the opportunity to go to the Temple.  What a sacred experience and blessing it is to enter into the House of the Lord.  I love the time that I am able to spend in the Temple.  After the Temple we were able to go out as a Zone and take a picture. 


Following the Temple, we took a quick stroll over to the office to see if there was any mail for us.  What I received next cut me deep.  In the Harbor Suburbs box, there was a letter for me.  Inside of it was a paper asking for details so that the office could book my ticket to come home.  It was such a sad moment.  I have seen many people throughout my mission get this exact paper and I never thought I would get it.  I guess I am no exception to this. Needless to say, it was quite a sad drive home.  
 

This week we had the opportunity to meet with an investigator that we have been meeting on and off.  In this meeting, we brought a member with us to fellowship and to add her own experiences.  In this lesson, we came to understand better that this particular woman was not willing to learn and did not want to accept anything that we were teaching.  In essence, she was fighting everything that we were saying and it was so hard for the spirit to touch her.  The member started speaking and spoke with the investigator for the majority of the lesson.  As the two of them were speaking, Elder Orr and I turned to one another and talked about what we could do next.  As we were talking, we heard the member say, "Maybe it's just not your time.  You are not ready to learn about the Gospel and need more time."  The member dropped our investigator in front of us and we were dumbfounded.  That has never happened to us before.  Elder Orr and I had to try and hide the fact that we were laughing because you would have never expected this from the member.  I don't know if you find this as funny as we did, but I guess it was one of those things were you had to be there. 

We also had the opportunity to visit a less active member that the Elders previous had been meeting for quite sometime.  Aaron has been invited continually to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood yet he has never actually received it.  Since my coming to UNSW, we have taught Aaron on almost a weekly basis.  We have continued to teach him but didn't feel like we were getting anywhere with him.  One day Elder Orr and I were sitting in our study, weekly planning, and I had a thought that we needed to teach him about the Priesthood. Elder Orr and I talked about it and we made a plan to do so.  For the past two weeks, we have been teaching him about the Priesthood.  

Last week while we were with Aaron, he told us that for years people have invited him to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood but they have never actually taught him about the Priesthood.  He told us that what we had been teaching him answered so many questions that he had for years but never felt confident enough to ask.  He continued to tell us that we had answered his prayers and helped him to learn more about his duties as an Aaronic Priesthood holder and to prepare for his duties as a Melchizedek Priesthood holder.  

I am so grateful for this experience.  I know that the Holy Ghost spoke to both Elder Orr and me.  I know that if we are willing, the Lord will reveal what his children need.  I learned that sometimes we are scared to ask for help, but that does not keep the Lord from helping his children.  I would ask that we would always be in a position to receive revelation but also to ask questions.  Please never be too afraid to ask the Lord and to ask others for help.  On this mortal journey we are here to help each other.  No one ever made it back to our Heavenly Father because they did it all alone.  We each need the Savior and we each need each other.  Truly if we ask, we shall receive. 


Love,

Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment