Monday, July 13, 2015

Letter from Church Member in Elder Wilde's Area - July 13, 2015


 (Upon hearing how much a member in the Sydney Area had helped out the missionaries, Elder Wilde's mother wrote the following letter of thank you to him, and then received the following response:)

Hello, Robert!!

This is Alison Wilde.  I am Elder Wilde's mom.  I have heard sooo many wonderful things about you, and wanted to send you a quick hello!  Our son has told us how grateful he is to know you, and how much you have taken care of him while he has been in Sydney on his mission.  As a mother, I want to thank you a million times.  It truly is such a heart warming thought to know that someone is looking out for your son while he is so far away from home.  We invite you at ANY time to come visit us in San Francisco!  We would love to meet you and get to know you better.  It's hard to believe our Elder will be coming home in a short six months.  Even though we have missed him beyond belief, our family has felt many blessings and love having him serve in the Sydney mission.  We are looking forward to our second son serving his mission in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania very soon.  He leaves on August 19th.  With two boys on missions, our house will be very quiet, but we can't think of anything greater!!  Thanks again for the love you show our son.  We send our love to you.  Please let us know if there is anything we can help or do for you.

Sincerely,
John and Alison Wilde



Hi Alison,

Thank you for your email.  Elder Wilde will be happy to know that we have made contact.

It has been great to have Elder Wilde here in Sydney.  We have become very good friends even though he has not yet served in my ward.  May I say that Elder Wilde is a remarkable missionary.  You should feel very proud of him.  He is very dedicated to the work, the people, and to the Lord especially.

Elder Wilde has been a great support to me, especially since my appointment to the Stake High Council.  I have been impressed by his maturity and insights as we have discussed church administrative matters as well as in matters of doctrine.

I hear that we were both in Europe at the same time.  I arrived home last week after three weeks around England, Switzerland, Germany and Paris.  I am planning a trip to America some time next year. 

Thank you for letting us borrow Elder Wilde these past 18 months. 

Robert Le

No comments:

Post a Comment