Hey
everyone!!
It has been a great week out here in the mission! There has been so much
success that I wish I could share, but then we would be here for days!
First of all, you may be wondering why I am emailing on a Tuesday. This is
because today was special in that we were able to attend the temple! It was
truly an amazing experience and I cannot tell you how much I love to be in the
temple walls!
The temple is truly a sacred place where we can learn so much as
to who we are. I invite all to learn about temples and why they are so sacred! (Click on the link below.)
The second thing I would like to share this week begins on a sad note. This last Thursday, our Bishop lost his mother. After suffering with cancer for quite sometime, she left us but to be seen again. This coincided with our Ward Conference. Because of this, our Bishop was not there. In that meeting, the Stake President completely changed his talk and addressed us on the most important things in this life. One of the things he addressed was posed through a question. He asked, "What will you take with you?" Of all that we have, there are only two things we will take with us when we move on from this life to the next. The first of which is our families. Families are eternal and are one of the reasons that we go to the temple. Knowing that families are eternal gives me so much comfort to know that I will see my loved ones again. Furthermore, it helps me understand what is truly important in this life. Friends come and go, our bank accounts fluctuate, but our families remain. I can testify as someone who has moved a multitude of times throughout my life that families are what are important. I have made amazing friends, and they have all made an impact on me in one way or another, but they always end up leaving. My family has always been with me and has always been there when I needed them. I urge you to develop stronger relations with all family members.
The second thing that we will be taking with us when we go is knowledge.
We read in the scriptures that whatever knowledge we gain here will be taken
with us. This is extremely important. I don't believe the Lord wants us to focus
on getting the highest score on a video game. However, I expect that he wants
us to gain that knowledge that will be beneficial to us. He wants us to learn
about the things in reference to the furthering of his kingdom. He wants us to
learn things that will be of value and things that can correlate to the gospel.
I invite you to think about how you use your time. Do we use our time to learn
and grown or do we use our time to remain where we in an evermore revelatory
dispensation? As someone who stood still in different moments of my life, I can
tell you that learning has brought me great joy in and outside of the gospel.
I love you all so much! I know my letter was short this week, but it is
something I have thought a lot about! Hope you all understand and put as much
or even more thought into this!
Love you all!
Elder Wilde
No comments:
Post a Comment