Monday, June 9, 2014

Twentieth Week - June 8, 2014


Hey, everyone!!


So first and foremost, this week was amazing.  I have realized that I haven't been sharing the amazing miracles with you as much as I should be, but after this week there is no way that I can't share. 


The Australia Sydney North Mission puts together, every year, a miracle book including an entry from every missionary of a miracle that has taken place.  Below is an entry that I sent in this morning for the miracle book and illustrates the hand of the Lord in this work. 


 Click on the link above to watch a short video about God helping those who have faith.


"After serving just over a month in the Australia Sydney North Mission, I received a call from the Assistants to the President asking if I would like to contribute to the miracle book.  I told them I would love the opportunity and, after hanging up the phone, turned to my companion Elder Lee and said, 'Well which one should I write about?'  The fact of the matter is that just after a month in this mission, I feel as if I have enough miracles to last a lifetime and to decide which one is more noteworthy than the other is no easy task.  After praying about it extensively, I would like to share the following miracle. 

The Elders had been teaching an investigator named Tom since before my arrival and had been making strides.  During my first lesson with Tom, I felt the need or urge to extend a baptismal date, to which he accepted!  We were so excited and continued teaching him until a few weeks later where he told us that he could not give up coffee and that exams where fastly approaching.   He told us that coffe is basically what kept him going.  We were crushed and tried to resolve his concern, but he said that he couldn't do it and further proceeded to tell us that he didn't want to waste our time anymore.  As a result, he said that he wanted to take a break from learning.  We told him that we would call him every week to schedule an appointment and that we would love to continue to teach him.


June 2nd to June 6th was a miracle week for Tom.  After meeting with his roommate, we came to the knowledge that Tom, for no reason and still in the middle of exams, quit coffee completely and wanted to have a stronger sense of self control in his life.  As soon as we learned this, we were amazed and knew that it was a miracle and confirmed it with Tom.  That Friday we invited him to a Frozen Yogurt night organized to help an investigator make friends and overcome the feelings of depression that he was having.  Tom came to that as well and afterwards he came up to Elder Lee and I telling us that as soon as exams are over, he wants to meet with us more frequently and wants to learn again and further told us that he felt the blessings of living the Word of Wisdom just after a week. 


To sum up, in just over a week alone there have been three miracles, two pertaining to Tom, that have completely changed lives.  In addition to that, the investigator who we focused on specifically for the Frozen Yogurt expressed a deep appreciation and had a smile on his face that I had not seen once in the month that we had been teaching him. 


To whomever is reading this and the other entries in this book, I bear testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church here on the earth.  I know that as we are obedient and follow the commandments that we can see miraculous miracles.  No one is exempt from this principle.  Each of us has the opportunity to work miracles; however, the Lord is waiting on us to see that we are worthy of them."


I know that it is a lot to read but I would like to quickly share a few other miracles that have happened this week... 


- An investigator named Andy said that he wants to be baptized.  When his wife arrives in Australia, he wants her to be taught and hopefully baptized so that they can go to the temple and be sealed together! 

- We picked up an investigator from China that we contacted at a bus stop.  He has an uncle that is currently living in SLC, Utah, who is a member of the Church.  He wants to learn about the Church now! 

- A young couple walked into the church building on Sunday and said they are new to the area and want to learn about the Church.  We have an appointment with them tomorrow night. 

- A recent investigator who had a smoking addiction finished his addiction and recovery program and received a temple recommend to go and do baptisms for his family.  This is extremely special to me as I found the addiction and recovery program and studied it extensively. That moment of the investigator being helped by this program and wanting to do baptisms for his family brought me more happiness that I can really communicate through email. 

- Two investigators quit drinking coffee, out of nowhere after telling us they couldn't give up coffee, and now have recognized the blessings of following the Word of Wisdom just after a week. 

- We contacted another individual at a bus stop who has been reading the Bible but has no church to attend and wants to learn more.  We have an appointment on Saturday. 


The list goes on further but I have taken enough of your time.  Love you all so much!!!! 


Love



Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment