Monday, May 25, 2015

Seventieth Week - May 25, 2015


Hello, Everyone!!

Well, this has been an extremely busy week!  I can't believe how fast the week has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I was writing to you, and here we are a week later.
Serving here is so much different than anywhere else I have served.  As missionaries, we are not allowed to wear our proselyting attire on the university.  As we spend the majority of the day teaching on the uni, we have to be wearing normal clothes.  It's quite weird to be wearing jeans and a t-shirt and walking around a university campus.  I guess at the end of the day, you do whatever it takes!
 I have also attached a picture of my current companion, Elder Davey.  Elder Davey is from England and will be returning home in about four weeks.  Interestingly enough, Elder Davey served with Elder Lee before I came to Sydney.  It has been fun to talk about him and what a great missionary he was and continues to be.  It's great to serve around him as he is a hard worker who loves the Lord with all his heart.  I know I will learn heaps from him!! 
 

I have already loved my time here so much and have been blessed beyond measure.  This weekend we were able to go back to the Greenwich Chapel (the stake center) and have a Special Stake Conference that was called.  Presiding at our meeting was Elder Pearson of the 70.  I was able to be in attendance and sustain four men, to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood from the Ryde Ward who I had been blessed to serve. As they stood in front of me, as I was sitting on the stand, I could not help to having a smile and feeling an overwhelming amount of joy for each of them.  This whole experience from the beginning to the end has been just a humbling opportunity and has shown me that the Lord is at the head of this great and marvelous work.

So sorry this letter is short.  This week we will have a special conference with Elder Cook as he is in Sydney.  We will also have a Zone Conference, so I will have to let you know how all of that goes.  I promise to write more next week.

Thank you so much for your prayers and your support!

Love,
Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment