(The subject line read: A Missionary that Might Know Elder Bracken Wilde)
Hi Alison,
So, I'm at the Hongqiao airport (to finalize Sunny's adoption) and the flight is tremendously
delayed.
These two guys are
part of my group waiting for a bus to go back to the airport from the hotel
(there were over 200 of us sent to the hotel from the airline).
The one man says his
name is Shariful Islam. I asked if he was also Islamic? He said yes. Then I
said, then you can call my name "Christian" then! The Taiwanese gentlemen in
the pic then says, "Then that's my name too!" affirming he is of
Christian faith, too.
Later, when we all
meet back up at 1:00 am, we tell stories about how we got to China. I shared
where Tim and I served missions.
The Taiwanese man
asks if I am Mormon and then says that he is also Mormon, with two returned
missionary sons.
One of the sons
recently served in Sydney North, Mandarin speaking and just recently returned.
I want to ask if
Bracken knew him? Elder Brian Li is his name.
I happened to
(randomly) have a copy of the Book of Mormon in my carry on and we gave it to our
new friend- Islam!
Jack Li said he and
his wife were married in the temple and that over 20 years ago they started
saving up for their sons missions- right when they were born. Currently both
boys are dating returned missionary girls.
How cool is that?
Your friend,
Suzanne
(Immediately when Elder Wilde's mother got this e-mail, she couldn't believe that her friend was actually meeting the father of Elder Li!)
This is awesome!!!
He absolutely LOVES Elder Lee, and they were companions several times
throughout the mission before Elder Li left to return home. Elder Li has been
Bracken's all time fave companion, and just last week I got the sweetest email
from Elder Li telling me how much Bracken has influenced him even since
returning home! This is soooo awesome! I'm going to have to send
this story to Bracken. Only you would this happen to, because you love everyone.
It's one of my favorite things about you.
Thanks so much for
sharing this sweet story. Made my day!
Xoxoxo
Alison
(While Elder Wilde's mother was sending her e-mail, another e-mail was coming in before hers reached her friend Suzanne. Seriously, amazing!)
So the story continues!!
While we are
preparing a copy of the Book of Mormon for our friend Islam, Jack starts
sharing pictures of his son on his mission. I glance over to see this picture:
That's our Bracken boy!
And to honor Elder li and Elder Wilde-
here's our new friend Islam with his Book of Mormon:
here's our new friend Islam with his Book of Mormon:
Below is the picture of Suzanne's family (the family who is friends with Elder Wilde's family.) Note the three adorable little Chinese girls in front who they have adopted.
Then, Elder Wilde's family got an e-mail from Elder Li who was so excited that his dad had this wonderful meeting with Elder Wilde's family friend.)
My dad met your
friend in the Shanghai airport while he was helping her something.
sister Suzanne
Calton~~
she's a return
missionary from Taiwan, and she pass out a Book Of Mormon in the airport to a
Bengali man as well
ps: my dad showed her
this picture has me and Elder Wilde to her and she was jumping and exciting. (The picture is shown above that Elder Li's father showed to Suzanne of Elder Li and Elder Wilde in the restaurant.)
;Love
--
Bro.Lee, PoHeng


No comments:
Post a Comment