It's so nice to get back on a normal
Monday P-Day schedule! We had an amazing week here in our mission, and I
am excited to share a few experiences with you throughout the
course of this letter!
As I wrote to you last week, I mentioned that we
were able to find four investigators in the course of one day. We ended
up finishing last week with six new investigators in the course of one
week (my mission high for new investigators in one week). It was, is,
and will be a testimony to me that the Lord has prepared so many people
to hear our message. I know that these blessings are not only limited to
the missionaries, but that they are given freely to all who thrust in
the sickle with their might. I can promise that as we open our mouths
and share our own testimonies that people will want to learn more. I
have come to learn that we cannot pick who is and who is not ready for
the gospel. We must simply open our mouths and allow them to decide for
themselves. At the end of the day, whether they accept the gospel or
not, we have raised a voice of warning and that is what the Lord has
asked of us. Regardless, I know that as you do this
that you will feel the joy associated with spreading the gospel as
promised by our Heavenly Father.
Every week several sets of Mandarin speaking
companionship's have the opportunity to teach a free English class. As
this week was rather interesting, to say the least, English Class became
a time for me to forget my own feelings and serve someone else. I
found every week that we have done this class, I have always felt
better leaving then coming. Even when we have a great week, I still
always find that this class gives me an extra boost that I didn't know I
needed. I have found that as we forget ourselves and serve other people,
then we can experience a higher degree of happiness. Doing service for
others, besides teaching, has become one of my favorite things to do as
it has brought me closer to others than anything else. I hope that we
can all find the time to serve others, within and outside our own
families. I promise that as you do so, you will create lasting
relationships that bring forth fruits of joy.
Finally, on a less spiritual note and more on the physical,
this week we were in the gym for exercise in the morning and I posed a
question to one of the fellow missionaries working out. I asked Elder Poole
to come over and lift a weight on the bench. He looked at me as I was getting it
and asked, "How much does it weigh?" I answered and told him that it was 65KG
and that it would be no problem for him. He then turned and looked at me
and said, "I can't, that's more than what I weigh." All four of us
started laughing so hard and has been a joke we have continued to share
with each other!
Anywho, I hope that left everyone on a good note. I love you all and hope you you have a great week. Talk to you soon!!
Love,
Elder Wilde

No comments:
Post a Comment