Hi, Everyone!!
This week Elder Lee
and I saw so much success in the work and also had so much fun!
Yesterday (August
17th) was Elder Lee's 21st birthday. It was a great day to celebrate with Elder
Lee and we had heaps of fun. On Saturday a member took us out to lunch and
bought a huge chocolate moose cake for Elder Lee. It was rich to say the
least!! It was so good though!! On Sunday (his actual birthday), we had a great
day at church! We had four investigators show up at church and were able to
announce to the ward that we will be holding a baptism next Sunday! In the
second hour of church, we were able to set a baptismal date for the 20th of
September. All in all, it was a great day to celebrate with Elder Lee!!! Happy
21st birthday, Elder Lee!!!!
Another great thing
that happened this week (don't worry mom and dad), but I got certified to drive
here in Sydney! It's been about 6 months since I have last had the opportunity
to drive a car. I passed my drivers' test on the first try and didn't total the
car, so I guess that means I am good to go! The first question I was asked was,
"Have you ever been in an accident or gotten any tickets?" I started
to laugh and answered no as I thought about Parker in the back of my mind
answering that same question in a different way. Love you Parker! Anyways, it's
an interesting experience that they drive on the opposite side of the road
here. With some practice, I have gotten used to it and there have yet to be any
crashes (knock on wood for me)!
In other news, many
of you know that my seminary teachers, the Spencers, are in the ward I am serving
in currently. Sunday also turned out to be a great day as Brother Spencer was
released from the High Council and was called to be the Second Councilor in the
Bishopric. I don't think he has ever turned down a calling and it is so great to
see them fulfilling roles in each of the wards they are in.
(Parker and Bracken at Seminary Graduation in June 2012 with the Spencers who were their seminary teachers in Shanghai, China, and are now in the same ward as Elder Wilde in Sydney, Australia. What a small world!)
I hope we have all
made it a goal in our lives to never turn down a calling to serve. Callings are
opportunities for each and every one of us to serve others and the Lord. Not
all callings will be glamorous, but each has its specific blessings and each are
inspired. I am grateful to have always been surrounded by those who serve the Lord in whatever opportunity they have!
I hope you all have a
great week! Talk to you soon!!
Love,
Elder Wilde
No comments:
Post a Comment