Hey hey!!
This last week has
been truly remarkable here in the Sydney Mission. The 14th,15th, and 16th of
August are the Harbour Stake Temple Days where the whole stake will attend the
temple together. The Greenwich Ward, to which I belong, made it a goal to get
125 names to take to the temple before that date. On Sunday, as a ward, we all
stayed after church to do family history work. The missionaries were asked to
help with, where possible, and get people ready to take names to the temple.
For about three and a half hours, I sat with a man and helped him with his
family history work. He had brought in a physical tree of his family that had
been passed down from generation to generation.
For three hours we searched names on the site and added names and linked them together. While we didn't finish the family tree on Sunday, we did help him prepare at least 20 names to take to the temple for his ancestors that never had their temple work done. The appreciation that he expressed was all I needed. To help him prepare those 81 ordinances that he would do at the temple, was more rewarding than anything else. I invite all people to go and look at their family history. I have had the opportunity to look at mine various times and have been more and more grateful for those that have come before me to help me be where I am today. It truly is amazing and I know that each one of you can have the same experience!
For three hours we searched names on the site and added names and linked them together. While we didn't finish the family tree on Sunday, we did help him prepare at least 20 names to take to the temple for his ancestors that never had their temple work done. The appreciation that he expressed was all I needed. To help him prepare those 81 ordinances that he would do at the temple, was more rewarding than anything else. I invite all people to go and look at their family history. I have had the opportunity to look at mine various times and have been more and more grateful for those that have come before me to help me be where I am today. It truly is amazing and I know that each one of you can have the same experience!
(Click on the link below to read and see a short video of why family history work and temple work is so vital.)
Today was a Temple
Preparation Day and as a result our P-Day was moved from Monday to Tuesday.
Elder Lee and I were unable to make any appointments for yesterday so we
decided to go finding for about five hours. We have been so busy as of late
that we haven't had a solid opportunity to go finding. Because of this, he and I
were oddly excited to go and talk to people. Before leaving our flat, we prayed
to our Heavenly Father and asked him to help us find just two new
investigators. After we prayed, we headed out and went finding. When we returned
home that night, we again prayed to our Heavenly Father and thanked him for
helping us get four new investigators! This experience is a testament to me
that we, as individuals, are not the ones doing the work. It is our Heavenly
Father who knows his children and knows when they are ready for the gospel. It
was such a great experience to have.
I know that each and every one of us can have these experiences if we just open our mouths and invite others to come unto Christ. Preach My Gospel says, "Many people are kept from the truth only because they know not where to find it." Let each of us be a bright light for those that may be lost. As they recognize us as true disciples of Christ and come to learn more, we both will feel the love and happiness that the gospel brings to each and every one of us.
I know that each and every one of us can have these experiences if we just open our mouths and invite others to come unto Christ. Preach My Gospel says, "Many people are kept from the truth only because they know not where to find it." Let each of us be a bright light for those that may be lost. As they recognize us as true disciples of Christ and come to learn more, we both will feel the love and happiness that the gospel brings to each and every one of us.
I have more to share,
but I feel as if this is enough :) I love you all so much! Thank you for
supporting me in the labor of the Lord. I cannot tell you how much it means to
me!
Love,
Elder Wilde


No comments:
Post a Comment