Hello, Family and
Friends!!
ELDER WILDE
(JR.)!!!!!! You are there!! I seriously cannot wait for you to enter into the
MTC! I am so excited to hear about the miracles that you are going to have!!
You are going to be such an amazing missionary, and I cannot wait to learn from
you and become just like you!! I think I have told everyone in shouting
distance that my little brother and best friend is leaving this week. Rest
assured that everyone in Sydney knows!!!!
This week has been
crazy busy and crazy amazing! Transfers were a big surprise and Elder Orr and I
came to find out that we have taken over the City Zone and the Harbour Suburbs
Zone to become one massive zone. There are about 30 missionaries in our Zone
that we have the blessing of working with. In addition, Elder Orr and I were
moved out of the South Harbour Ward into the Harbour YSA Ward that meets in the city. As a result, we have been in the City Chapel all week having meetings with
various members of the ward trying to get a hold of the seemingly insurmountable
list of things that need to get done. Because the YSA ward is home to a
plethora of recent converts, it lacks much of the leadership it needs. To answer
that problem, the Zone Leaders are given a fair share of the load. With that all
being said, we love our new ward and have already met some great members. I
think staying in the stake my whole mission has helped because when I walked in,
I knew about half the ward already. You never know how the Lord is preparing
you, that much is for sure!!
Like I said, Elder
Orr and I stayed outside of the UNSW area for the majority of the week.
While it felt like we were gone and didn't spend a lot of time in our area, the
Lord consecrated our efforts and we were able to find, teach, and baptize this
week!! Truly one the greatest things that I have been able to see is that when
we give more to serve the other missionaries, the Lord has been able to help us
consecrate our time into the fulfilling of our ministries. One great example of
that was seen as we were able to organize, attend, and participate in the
baptism of Summer.
At Summer's baptism was
all of her friends that Elder Orr and I have been able to get to know for quite
sometime. One of the greatest blessings is that we will be able to begin to
teach them about the gospel.
In addition, there was a great presence of the ward
who were there to support her. There was such a sweet spirit at that simple yet
powerful baptism. Truly when the power of godliness is manifest, one is able to
feel the evidence of God's love for each of his children. I thank each of you
for the prayers that have been said. You are as much a part of this baptism as
Elder Orr and I are.
I really thank each
of you for the support you have given me. Elder Orr and I were talking the
other day about how many prayers are said in support of the missionaries
everyday. Without those prayers, I know without a doubt that this would be a
whole different experience. Thank you for what each of you do no matter how big
or small you may feel your role to be. Know that your role means a lot to
me.
I love you all so
very much and give the next Elder Wilde all my support, confidence, and trust.
I look forward to putting my should to the plow with you, Parker. What a
blessing this is for me.
Love,
Elder Wilde



No comments:
Post a Comment