Sunday, August 2, 2015

Eightieth Week - August 3, 2015


Hello, friends and family!! 

It has been such a fantastic week for Elder Orr and I!!  I cannot wait to share a few of the miracles and experiences that Elder Orr and I have been able to witness as we have seen the hand of the Lord in our lives!! 

This week Elder Orr and I were blessed to be taken to the top of the Westfield Tower in downtown Sydney.  At the top of the building one is able to walk around and get a 360 degree view of Sydney that stretches 80km in all directions.  It was such a treat for us to go! On top of that, the member bought us passes to do the sky walk which actually takes you outside the building to which you then become the highest people above ground in Sydney! It was quite the experience and what made it even better was that the sun was beginning to set so we were able to look out at the city and all its surroundings as the sun was going down!  If you look really closely at one of the pictures, there is a building that has a top with the "UNSW" logo.  That is my area and the Uni I serve at!!  All in all, it was an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone that comes to Sydney! 







Anywho, onto more spiritual things (and more important).  This week Elder Orr and I saw the hand of the Lord working in real time.  We saw the Savior extending his arm of love out to many and helping them to come closer to him.  On Thursday, one of the recent converts that we are teaching, Lyla, was able to receive her Patriarchal Blessing.  We were not in attendance with her, but she said it was an amazing experience and very spiritual.  It made me reflect on how spiritual and uplifting my own blessing is to me in my life.  Soon to be Elder Parker Wilde will be getting his Patriarchal Blessing this week and I could not be more excited for him.  Just like the Liahona, it will lead you, when you are righteous, to the more fertile parts of life!     

In addition to that, we were able to have another recent convert, Rodney, interviewed for his Patriarchal Blessing and will be receiving his later this week.  We also were able to have another recent convert, Jini, be interviewed and found worthy to receive her temple recommend to do baptisms for the dead.  I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had to learn with each of these individuals in regards to the specific experiences they have had or will soon have.  I have grown to have a greater appreciation for my own Patriarchal Blessing in my own life and have gained a greater love for redeeming the dead in the temples around the world. 

To top things off this week, we were able to set a baptismal date with Summer for the 14th of August.  Summer has been investigating since November of last year.  Due to a series of things, she ended up dropping the missionaries twice and declining not to learn anymore. Right before the last transfer, I was able to meet her and invited her to once again learn.  Her first lesson with us ended up being at the beginning of the new transfer and as a result Elder Orr and I have had the opportunity of learning with her.  After a series of lessons with her about the Atonement, prayer, and receiving answers, Summer came to church on Sunday and told us that she wants to be baptized!  It was a great testament to me that if we teach people, not lessons, the Spirit can touch the hearts of those we teach, as well as ourselves, and as a result they will want to come closer to the Savior. 

I just want to close by expressing my deepest gratitude to the Savior and to the Spirit.  Time and time again, I have been humbled and have seen that this work really isn't ours.  It's the Lord's work and He will do it in his own way and in his own time.  Time and time again, I have seen that our jobs create an environment where the Spirit can teach all around.  The Spirit is the teacher; we are but the conduits to that divine teaching.  May we always be prepared for such occasions is my prayer. 

Thank you for your prayers and support.  I could not be doing this without them. 

Love you so much!! 

Elder Wilde  

No comments:

Post a Comment