It seems like the
Lord has poured out blessings both here in Sydney as well as in San
Francisco!!!
This week I am so so
so so happy to write about my little brother who will soon be a missionary
like me! Parker, over the weekend, was able to go through the temple for the
first time, receive his Patriarchal Blessing, and give his farewell talk in our
home ward. I cannot begin to tell everyone how very proud of him I am! Parker,
you are going to do great things! I love you so much!! In addition to that, a
very special shout out to all that were able to attend and support Parker!
Thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa Copeland, Chad and Bethany, and Carrie
and Tyler! Thank you so much for the sacrifices that you have made to support
Parker in this part of his life. It means so much to me, and I think you for
filling in for me!!
(Elder Wilde's younger brother--Parker, who was just Ordained as the newest Elder Wilde. He will be leaving for his missionary training and then on to the Pennsylvania Philadelphia Mission English Speaking on August 19th.)
(Extended members of Elder Wilde's family who were in attendance at the meeting where the new Elder Wilde bore his testimony and gave his thoughts about missionary service and the Atonement at Sacrament Meeting. Such a great day!)
This week Elder Orr
and I were able to go and do a bit more sight seeing and took a visit to the
Sydney Opera House. It was great to finally be able to go there once again
after being on the opposite side of the Harbor for over a year and always being
able to look at it from afar. I would say that our patience has paid off, and it
was great to be able to go with Elder Orr!!!
Every two years there
is a big event for Sisters called "Time out for Women." To be honest, before I
heard about it here, I had never heard of it in my life. Apparently it is a
really big thing but has different names in different parts of the world?
Anyway, some of the special guests were: David Archuleta, Brad Wilcox, Elaine
Dalton, and Heidi Swinton. The Sisters around Sydney and much of Australia were
able to go for a full day on Saturday to an event that hosted these individuals
and many more. From the feedback of the Sisters, it was quite the special
experience and one they would never forget.
The next day, Sunday,
we finished ward council meeting and guess who we find warming up in the chapel?
Yes, it was David Archuleta. In addition, Brad Wilcox also came to our Sacrament
meeting along with Elder Leota, a local Area 70. We were favored to hear
Brother Archuleta speak and then sing a special musical number. Following his
remarks, Brother Wilcox addressed us.
Prior to the start of Sacrament meeting,
Brother Wilcox came over to Elder Orr, myself, and Summer. He started talking
to the three of us and we told him that Summer was getting baptized on Friday.
He looked so excited and gave her the biggest hug!! Fast forwarding to his
remarks...he called out Summer in Sacrament meeting and effectively taught her
individually while also including everyone else. As Elder Orr and I turned to
look at Summer while he was speaking, her face was bright red as she felt so
embarrassed!! She loved it though. His remarks focused on the Restoration and
the need for the Book of Mormon to come forth. In the end, Summer felt the Spirit so strongly and she ran up after the meeting and could not stop thanking
Brother Wilcox. I do not know if anyone has had such a special Sunday prior to
their baptism, but I think this ranks at the tippy top! Summer's baptism will be
held this Friday night. Please pray for her. She is so excited for this time in
her life!!
(Elder Orr, Brother Brad Wilcox, and Elder Wilde)
Well, I cannot wait to report next week on how the baptism goes. I hope everyone has an amazing week. More than anything I hope my little brother makes the most out of everything and knows that I love him. I seriously cannot tell you enough, Parker, how proud I am of you and how excited I am to see you serve the Lord.
Love you all so very
much,
Elder Wilde
P.S. Today is
Transfers and Elder Orr and I are staying together for another transfer! Our
Zone just added four new companionships, so we are excited to work with so many
great and amazing missionaries!! I am so excited to learn from each of them and
to see the Lord bless them immensely!




No comments:
Post a Comment