Monday, June 15, 2015

Seventy-third Week - June 14, 2015

Hello, family and friends!! 
That has to be have been the fastest four week transfer of my mission!  It feels like Elder Davey and I just got here, and now I dropped him off this morning as he heads back home tomorrow.  It was a great opportunity for me to be able to serve alongside Elder Davey, and I really did learn so much from him!  It was sad to see him go this morning, but he has been a valiant servant and I know the Lord has great things as he returns home to England. 
 Elder Davey and I were able to have a great week as we celebrated his birthday on Monday.  Later in the week we had another Preach My Gospel Study with the Summer Hill 3 Sisters, Sister Longani (Tonga) and Sister Sindorff (Tasmania).  
This morning we drove two other Elders, whom we share the flat with, to transfers.  There seems to be a heap of missionaries that have not been able to get their visas to come here  (I know how they feel).  As such, President Howes has had to shut down a few areas.  Elder Bettridge (AUS) and Elder Samin's (PHIL) area was one of those areas shut down.  Elder Bettridge is finished with his mission and Elder Samin will be traveling to another area.  All the best to all of them! 
(Elder Bettridge, Elder Samin, Elder Wilde, and Elder Davey)
With one Zone Leader going out that means that they had to bring a new one in.  We were wondering if there would be a current Zone Leader brought from another area, as I have only been a Zone Leader for four weeks.  It turns out that I have been asked to train a new Zone Leader.  My new companion is Elder Orr (Idaho, USA).  I was so excited when I found out that he was going to be my new companion.  He has served all over the mission, and I was able to get to know him a little bit from meetings.  I am excited for what the future holds and cannot wait for what the Lord has in store for us.  
(Elder Orr and Elder Wilde)
I was blessed with a spiritual experience this week and it came when we were ordaining Jackie to the Melchizedek Priesthood.  Jackie asked me to ordain him to the office of an Elder during priesthood.  After he asked me, I started to think about Jackie and where he is in his progression in the gospel.  Thoughts started coming to my mind as to what I felt I should say.  As we prepared to give Jackie the priesthood, the Bishop stood forth and behind him as if he was going to give him the Priesthood.  He then said that he would be the one performing the ordination.  Before he started, I asked Jackie if that was okay to which he nodded and we proceeded.  As I stood in the circle and the Bishop pronounced the ordination and the blessing, the Bishop said everything that I had thought earlier.  It was nearly word for word.  Every thought that had come into my mind was what the Bishop said to Jackie.  As I stood there, all I did was smile and just listen to what was being said.  I learned once again that it doesn't matter who performs the blessing because as we are worthy, then it will all come out and the Lord's will will be done. 

Thank you so much for the prayers, fasting, and love done on my behalf.  I really cannot thank you enough for all that each of you do for me.  I look forward to catching up with you next week! 

Love,
Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment