Monday, June 8, 2015

Seventy-second Week - June 8, 2015

Hello, everyone!! 
It has been a marvelous week here in the UNSW area and another best in the world's best mission!! 
To give a quick rundown of what happened this week.  We had a meeting with Elder Pearson on Monday which lasted all day;
 
We had P-day on Tuesday, Wednesday we had Zone Meeting;
 
 
Thursday we had a Preach my Gospel Study with Sister Valdes (AUS) and Sister Torres (PHIL).
 
From Friday night to Saturday night, we had a trade-off and I went with Elder Sorn (CAMBODIA).
 
It was a busy week, but I would like to share a few highlights!  
One evening, Elder Davey and I were treated and were taken to see VIVID. VIVID is a lights show that they do every year in Sydney.  Last year, I was on the opposite side of the Harbour and had a great view.  This year, I was at the Opera House and we were able to see some amazing things.  I have attached some pictures, I hope you enjoy them!  The whole thing is done with projectors using light (obviously). 
 


It was interesting to me, while we were looking at all of this, how I thought about the Gospel being a light.  These displays of light took a seemingly ordinary thing and made it into something extraordinary. The Gospel can take things that are seemingly of the world and make them into something that can only be comprehended with spiritual eyes.  I won't go much more into detail in regards to this, but I would invite you to think about how the light of the Gospel has helped you see greater things in your own life. 

This week, like I said, I had the opportunity to go on trade-off with Elder Sorn who is from Cambodia.  He has been in the mission about two weeks and I figured that because I have a friend serving in Cambodia, I would ask if he knew Elder Allred.  Come to find out, Elder Sorn served in the Cambodian mission and his companion was Elder Allred!  How crazy was that!  I went to school with Elder Allred in Shanghai, and I just can't believe how small the world is!  You never know, right!! 
Well, like I said, it was a great week.  Elder Davey and I were running around trying to get a lot of the Zone-related administering done.  I have found it amazing that the Lord expands your time and allows you to complete all that is needed when we serve others with full purpose of heart. Sometimes, for us at least, it has seemed like we have had to do so much Zone stuff that we have no time to do anything for our area.  The greatest miracle I have seen is that in just a few weeks our area went from being one of the weakest in the Zone to one of the strongest.  The Lord will bless us as we consecrate our time to serving him.  I don't say this to boast, but I say this so all will see that it is possible to give the Lord all He asks and then see that He will make more out of you than you can of yourself.  I feel ashamed for it to have taken such an extended period of time for me to learn this lesson, but how grateful I am that He never gives up on me.  I can promise each of you that if He thinks me worth his time, the lowest of all, then He can and will help you.  Each circumstance is different, and that is understandable, but you have the Savior of the world standing by you. We need never fear when we truly understand that we are meant for greatness. 
Thank you so very much for all the support that you have shown me and the love I continue to feel from each of you. 
Love,
Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment