Monday, November 23, 2015

Ninety-sixth Week - November 23, 2015

Hello, everyone!! 

It's been a HOT week here!  I think the highest we got to was 43 degrees Celsius (109.4 F). The AC in our flat went out and, needless to say, we were a bit toasty at night.  We survived though!! 

Remember last week how I said Elder Tematafaarere taught me how to make Crepes?  Well, with some practice I have to say they are starting to look better. 

This week we had a Tri-zone special training on member missionary work.  We combined with Hebersham and Penrith Zones.  There were 35 companionships there.  President Checketts, during his training, stated that one thing we could do right in the moment to increase the trust that members had in us was to clean the chapel.  So what did we do?  We took 70 missionaries and cleaned the entire chapel in about twenty minutes.  He had the Zone Leaders and Assistants clean the bathrooms in the chapel and wouldn't you know, there was puke all over in one of the bathrooms.  To make a long and rather unpleasant story short, it got cleaned!  Following the closing prayer, I ran and jumped up onto the stage to try and get a picture of everyone! 

This week Elder Tematafaarere and I, along with President Checketts and President Hobby (Baulkham Hills Stake President), had Stake MCM.  We were able to discuss the upcoming Invitation Sunday where in the second hour the missionaries will be giving chapel tours to those that are visiting.  We talked about the Recent Convert Fireside that Elder Tematafaarere and I are organizing for three stakes (Baulkham Hills, Penrith, and Hebersham).  I attached the poster that we put up in each of the chapels.  You are invited to come if you can make it!  

We also talked about Prospective Elders and their advancement to the Melchizedek Priesthood.  President Hobby brought it up because he had heard about the success that the Harbour Stake is having in helping men receive the Melchizedek Priesthood.  President Hobby started to tell us about what President Hamilton does and how he works with the missionaries to accomplish this.  As he started to tell us, both Elder Tematafaarere and I started to smile.  President Hobby asked us what was going on and if we were okay as he started to laugh.  We told him that we had both just come from the Harbour Stake and we knew exactly what he wanted to do and we knew what we needed to do.  He was pretty excited when he found out we both had experience and are eager in helping these men receive the Priesthood.  I think it just goes to show that the Lord prepares people at different places and times that they may come together to accomplish a great purpose known to him and revealed to those whom he has chosen.  I am sure there are many other lessons to be learned and encourage you to seek after them and apply them in your own life! 

Elder Tematafaarere and I have been spending a lot of time visiting less active members of the ward. Each individual is of varying circumstance.  What was cool to see was that yesterday we were able to get two investigators to Sacrament but four of the less actives we have been visiting decided to come come to church for the first time in ages.  It was quite the scene to see the bishopric on the stand looking at the individuals, some of them whom they had never met before.  Each of the four that came is a Prospective Elder and one of them wants to have his mission call by this time next year.  Pretty cool huh!! 

ALSO!  Speaking of missions!!!!  This week one of the recent converts I worked closely with in UNSW got his mission call!!  He is assigned to serve in the England Birmingham Mission and his mission language is Mandarin!  He is leaving for his mission in March!!  Brian is a convert to the church from mainland China who met the missionaries while going to uni at UNSW.  I am so excited for him!

Well, I hope that we all have a great week.  I look forward to hearing from each of you soon! 

Love,

Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment