I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a rainy week here in Sydney, but we have not let that get us down!
Having a Tahitian companion is paying off quite nicely! Last week, he taught me how to make crepes, so I am getting some pretty good practice in. I don't think it is working for him overly well as I don't eat any of them because of my diet. He is being a champion about it though. In addition, this last week the TimTam value packs were on sale for $2 (normally 5) so I bought heaps to bring back. Tender mercies right??
This week we had Mission Leadership Conference (MLC) on Tuesday. Amongst the variety of things discussed was that this year they are letting the missionaries Skype their families. There were a few of us in the room who are heading home before Christmas that began to joke around that of course it would happen right when we leave. I guess I have to take it with a grain of salt though as I would not trade being with my family for Skyping my family. I guess I did get the better end of the deal! Just funny how these things happen I guess! We also got our calendar through the end of December, and we are going to be flat out. We have a conference every week until I head out, along with trade-offs and stake meetings. It's going to be busy, but I would not have it any other way!
Following our MLC, we prepared for Zone Meeting which we had on Thursday. It was great to have the opportunity to get the Zone together in the morning and to be with them. There always seems to be such a sweet spirit when all the missionaries are together and are focusing on the things of the Lord. How grateful I am for these experiences. For our training, we discussed how having spiritual experiences can help us remain motivated even in times of trial. We invited all the Elders and Sisters to share their experiences that had impacted their missions and helped them get through times of difficulty. As Elder Tematafaarere and I were at the front, we looked out at those sharing experiences and to see the smiles on their faces as they shared these experiences was something unforgettable.
After they shared their experiences, we asked them to think about common trends in each story. The missionaries said: Obedience, the Spirit, prayer, diligence, etc. Following that, we asked the missionaries to talk about the heroes they had in the scriptures. We then asked them again to identify common elements and trends. They came up with nearly the same list that was previously mentioned. By that point, it started to click in all our minds that the Lord leads us, guides us, motivates us the same way he does with our heroes. The difference being that while we tend to forget those spiritual and sacred moments, our heroes tend to rely on them.
Hadi was interviewed yesterday and found worthy to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. He will be sustained next Sunday and confirmed shortly after. It has been one of the greatest blessings to watch him grow in the gospel and hear of the experiences he has had since being baptized. This week we taught him about Family History, and he is keen to start so that he can take names of ancestors to the Temple. If all goes well, we should get him there pretty soon!!
Thank you for your love, support, and prayers!
Love,
Elder Wilde

No comments:
Post a Comment