It's getting
nice and warm here in Sydney! Summer is coming for sure!! Things are heating up
and so is the work out here in Baulkham Hills!!
Before MLC last Tuesday, Elder Ezra and I went over and took a few pictures at the Temple. It was nice to walk over and just to stand outside looking at the temple before our meeting. Any trip to the temple is one to be remembered! I hope we never take the temple for granted!
Yesterday was
a public holiday, so we had the opportunity to go with a member to a Koala Park.
I attached some of the pictures that we took. In Elder Wilde Jr.'s email this
week, he attached a picture of some of the intense wildlife that he has seen (a
dead mouse in his kitchen). I think the pictures from the Koala park just
highlight another reason why the Australia Sydney North Mission is the best
mission on earth. Sorry, Parker! I love you heaps though!!
While we were
there we are able to touch a Koala and go pet a few Roos. to highlight how tame
these Kangaroos while we were in there taking pictures there was a little
Chinese kid who was having his way with one of the Kangaroos. In any event, we
got a little creative with some of our pictures and had some fun. I hope you
enjoy the pictures and for Parker...better luck next time buddy :)
This week
Elder Ezra and I went on trade off with the Normanhurst District Leader and his
companion. I took Elder Lavulo (Tonga) back to the Baulkham Hills to work with
him for the day. On any trade off, we take the opportunity to petition the Lord
as to what he wants done and who He would like to come and who He would like to
go. As such, Elder Ezra went to Normanhurst and Elder Lavulo came to Baulkham
Hills. That day we were able to teach an investigator who recently lost his
wife. He is currently in a state of depression and when we went over to his
house, he said he did not want to meet with us because nothing seemed to be
going his way. He told us how he was going to do gardening that morning but
could not cut his lawn because the mower was broken. He showed us the lawn
mower in his garage and told us that it would need to be repaired.
While I was
talking to the man, Elder Lavulo started checking out the mower and within minutes
had it fixed and running. Come to find out, Elder Lavulo's father back in Tonga
fixes lawn mowers for a living and had taught his son a little bit about it!!
What a miracle! After that, Tom's face lit up and he invited us inside for a
lesson and for some nice cool Ginger Beers! We had a great lesson with him and
will return to visit him again this week! Sufficeth to say, Elder Lavulo is the
man!!
In Greenwich, I had the opportunity of working with several individuals. I worked with one particular individual who was working through the repentance process. He was not able to go to the temple for quite sometime as he tried to work through this time in his life. It was about Christmas time last year when, during a brief break at a music rehearsal, he asked my companion and I to give him a blessing. He said that not being able to go back to the temple was weighing a lot on him and he was nervous for his future. I was able to give a blessing to him and we continued to meet with him until I was transferred. After I was transferred out of Greenwich, I lost contact with him. Prior to my coming, he saw Elder Vaughn at stake conference. He said to Elder Vaughn, "Tell Elder Wilde I made it back to the temple." Elder Vaughn told me yesterday and I tracked him down. Come to find out, the last two weeks that I have been in Baulkham Hills Ward he has been attending a different ward and he is actually in my current ward. I called him last night and it was amazing to be able to chat with him for a few minutes and just to hear the enthusiasm that he now has towards everything. It was another testament to me that this gospel is one of change. It's hard to describe how excited I was to hear that he was actively able to attend the temple again. What a blessing!!
Thank you for
the prayers said for my brother and me. We appreciate it so much and hope you
know that without a doubt those prayers are being answered! Please continue to
pray for Elder Wilde Jr. He is such an inspiration to me! In addition, from
what I heard General Conference is amazing (and why wouldn't it be!!!! I look
forward to tuning in this weekend! Thank you for not spoiling it for me!! I
hope everyone has an amazing week and one that brings you and I closer to our
Savior and Redeemer.
Love,
Elder Wilde








No comments:
Post a Comment