Monday, December 15, 2014

Forty-seventh Week - December 15, 2014


Hello everyone!! 

The month of December has flown by, thus far, and I know that it will continue to speed by!  It seems that it has rained almost every day of the month so far!  Elder Vaughn and I were running home the other day and got soaked!  I was wearing grey pants and they looked like they had turned black!  Who knew that Australia got this much rain!!! 
 This week we had Zone Conference where two Zones were combined together.  We received various training's in the morning on the power of prayer and why it is so central in conversion.  Following the morning session, we had lunch, took a photo, and continued back into the Conference.  
We had a few other trainings.  Both the Mission President and his wife talked to us about the importance of "Preach My Gospel."  President Howes then gave us a training on having faith that moves people back into the presence of God.  I would just like to share a few thoughts that I took-in from this conference.  First, I think we (myself included) often overestimate the power of prayer in our lives and the lives of others.  I invite everyone to set a goal to pray daily, if you are not already.  If you are already praying daily, I invite you to pray for specific things rather than giving thanks for general things in your lives.  As missionaries, we often pray for specific investigators to have experiences that will help them to know that the Gospel is true.  Everyone can have such experiences regardless of whether one has a badge or not!!  In addition, while we have to accept God's timing in our life, we must never underestimate the fact that faith can help our righteous desires for ourselves and others come to pass. 

This week I was so very blessed to receive a package from my family(not just the immediate)!  I want to think the many many people who helped make this possible.  I was able to put it up in our flat and it has become something for everyone to look it.  I am so grateful for the comments and love that you shared to me as well as the words of encouragement!  Thank you so much!!!  
 
My companion's parents also sent a early Christmas present to him with home made stockings.  I was surprised when I saw that they too had made one for me.  It hangs close to the Christmas tree.  I am grateful for all the love that is shown at this time at the year. 
 
While I adored the golden star at the top of the tree, I decided to take a picture of Christ and put it at the top.  Christ is at the head of Christmas, He leads this church, and He is the one we follow to gain eternal life.
 
I am grateful for the sweet pictures of Avery and Cannon that were given to me as well. They are true examples of love and emulate the life of Christ.  At this time of the year let us remember the examples and individuals that point us towards Christ and back to our Heavenly Father.  I know that as we do this that we can have a memorable and love-filled time of the year. 

I hope that as each day goes by and approaches the Savior's birth that we can turn our hearts ever closer to him. 

Love,

Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment