Hey, everyone!!
I hope you all had a
great week! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to write to you this
week!
First of all, I want
to give a huge shout out to Drew Phillips! While visiting here in Sydney, he was
kind enough to surprise and visit me in the ward I am serving! It was great to
see him and spend time catching up in regards to life back in the Danville
area. I am so grateful for the opportunity to see him and to get to talk! It truly
was one of the highlights of my day!! Thank you for coming!
In addition, in church one of our recent converts was able to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood! It was truly a special moment as I was able to reflect on the journey he has gone through. I was able to be a part of a select few who laid their hands on his head. In moments like those, I am so humbled and grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord and the children to whom he has entrusted both my companion and me. We also were able to have our investigator, Jason, stand up, at the beginning of sacrament, as his baptism was announced for next Saturday. We are excited for his choice to be baptized, and he is even more excited!
In addition, in church one of our recent converts was able to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood! It was truly a special moment as I was able to reflect on the journey he has gone through. I was able to be a part of a select few who laid their hands on his head. In moments like those, I am so humbled and grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord and the children to whom he has entrusted both my companion and me. We also were able to have our investigator, Jason, stand up, at the beginning of sacrament, as his baptism was announced for next Saturday. We are excited for his choice to be baptized, and he is even more excited!
Today marks the start
of a new transfer and as such we were able to receive our transfer news last
week. Elder Lee and I have been blessed as we were told that we would not be
transferred but would remain in our area! Furthermore, we were called by our
mission president and asked to train an incoming Elder from the USA. As many of
you know, I spent the first three months of my mission with two other elders, and now I will once
again be put into a trio companionship. While it may be difficult, Elder
Lee and I know the blessings that can come of it. I know that we will make the most
out of this experience and continue to see miracles in this great and marvelous
work!
With all of that
being said, Elder Poole is the only missionary in our district that is being
transferred. I had the wonderful opportunity to serve around and with Elder
Poole on many occasions. He is a great Elder, and I know that I will see him
soon! He will continue to do great things where ever he goes and will continue in
the diligent service of the Lord! Before he left, we were able to take a couple
pictures of the four of us. I have attached a couple! Also, on an unrelated side
note, the dog's name in the picture is Frank. As we aren't allowed to have real
pets, we figured that this would be close enough. We found Frank stranded on the
side of the road with no family or friends and decided to take him home and
make him our own.
To conclude my letter
for this week I would like to talk about familysearch.org This week I was able to go on
for an hour and spend time getting to know the site better so that I could in
turn help someone do their own family history. While I was looking around at my
own family history, I was curious to know how much had actually been done and
how far back I could go. I started to click and kept clicking. Each time I hit
an end, I went back and found a new way to go back further. Well, after some
persistence, I was able to trace my whole line back to Adam and Eve. At that
point I could do one more click and I saw that the next name was Heavenly
Father.
I know we always say we come from Adam and Eve and that we are children
of our Heavenly Father; however, to physically see it on a map in front of you
is something pretty special. I came to a deep gratitude for family history
work. I invite everyone to go to their own genealogical lines and see what work
needs to be done so that you, too, can have this same feeling. I can promise you
that is not something you want to miss out on.
Well, I love you all
so much! Hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!!
Love,


No comments:
Post a Comment