Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Twenty-fourth Week - July 7, 2014

Hello and happy belated July 4th!! 

It's been a great week here in the mission field!  We had six investigators attend Church yesterday and it was topped off by an amazing fast and testimony meeting.  What a great experience it was for all of them, myself included.  It's always scary to invite investigators to Sacrament Meeting, but if we can encourage someone to start the meeting on the right note, then everything that follows after is great!! 

This week I would like to share a training that I received from one of our Zone Leaders.  It was a fabulous training, and I know that I learned a lot.  Hopefully, as you come to read and ponder the message that I will be sharing, you will learn something else as well!  The first thing I would like to do is set the stage or background of our zone.  The Harbour Beaches Zone is referred to as the Zone of Zion or the New Jerusalem.  Here we have tried to become as that of the Zion of old and help those we work with build the New Jerusalem as discussed in the scriptures!  One Zone Leader always gives a training as to how we can continue building the New Jerusalem.  This Zone Training Meeting, he referenced the Two Thousand Stripling Warriors.


Most of the training was filled with reading of scriptures from multiple chapters of Alma.  I encourage all to read the following scriptures and ponder the messages they contain.  There is much for each and every one of us to learn.  The scriptures are as follows: 

Alma 53: 18, 20, 21, 22 
Alma 56: 46, 47, 48, 56 
Alma 57: 21, 26, 27

I would suggest that if you do not know this story that you set aside time to read it in its fullness.  It is truly amazing!  Nevertheless, we learn from this story that these sons did put their trust in God continually.  They never doubted the teachings of their mothers and always trusted in what they had been taught.  Their actions and attitude mirrored that of Zion.  We know of Zion that it was a place of, "One Heart and One Mind."  It is was a perfect society.  The following anagram describes the Sons of Ammon: 

Obedience                        Heroic                        
No Fear                             Enthusiastic              
Exceeding Faith                Acknowledge God   
                                           Rehearsed                                               
                                           Trust in the Lord


Obedience                        Miraculous Strength
No Fear                            Integrity  
Exceeding Faith               Nourished by the word of God                 
                                         Disciples of the Lord

I encourage all to become more like the Two Thousand Stripling Warriors.  As we become more like them, we will become more like the people of Zion.  I know that we can all achieve this state.  We have modern day Helamans who will lead and guide us.   These people may include, but at not limited to:  Our own fathers, mission presidents, and church leaders.  Furthermore, let us heed the words of our own mothers and apply them because our mothers will not lead us astray.  I know that we can all become as these miraculous young men, it is just up to us to do it. 

I love you all!  Thank you for all that each of you have done for me! 

Love,

Elder Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment