Monday, May 19, 2014

Seventeenth Week - May 18, 2014


Hey, everyone!! 



I have a very limited time on the computer this week, so I will have to keep my remarks to a minimum.   I'm so sorry! 


This week has been great and very busy!  I have continued to grow closer to the people I have had the opportunity to teach as well as my companion.  Throughout the course of this week, my companion and I taught 26 lessons to investigators, recent converts, and less-active members alike.  To say the least, we were busy.  The work that I have had the opportunity to take part in Australia is tiring, but it is worth it.  Bringing others to the same happiness I have felt has truly impacted me on my mission and will be something that I will never forget. I know that each and everyone of you can have this same happiness that I have felt even without a badge.  As we become more active with the missionaries in our lives, we will see the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 123, verse 17 become more a part of our lives.  The scripture is as follows:  "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."  I know that while I have been out here, I have seen this great scripture come to pass by the numerous miracles that I have witnessed.  I know that it doesn't take the setting apart or the receiving of a badge to have these miracles and that each one of you can find this same happiness in your lives. 



This week was especially special as we had Elder Haleck, from the Area Presidency, come and speak with us. There were a series of messages shared from:  Elder Haleck and his wife, Sister Haleck, as well as President Howes (my mission president) and his wife Sister Howes.  I have to say that my favorite talk came from Sister Haleck.  She referenced the Israelites who continually looked back to Egypt while they were being led to the promise land by Moses.  She likened this to our day as we often look back to past lives, in the case of a missionary, or past routines that we gave up but continue to look back to as we move forward.  One of the most interesting points shared was that if we continue to look back to Egypt as the Lord is guiding us, then how can we expect him to teach us anything at all?  As I thought about that, I came to the understanding that the Lord has great plans in store for us, but we have to be willing to give up habits that we may be fond of.  I loved this analogy, and I know that it is something we can apply in each and everyone of our lives. 


Well, my time is up for today.  I love you all and look forward to touching base next week. Please ponder the words that I have said for I know that they have meaning to each and everyone of us.  I love you all and pray for you all back home. 



Love,



Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment