Hello, everyone!
This week was pretty
interesting. I was out of my area or in meetings for the majority of the week.
My week went as follows:
Monday - Pday and FHE
Tuesday - Special
Training and the start of a trade off up in Manly
Wednesday - Trade off
all day
Thursday - I worked
in my area and started a trade off in Greenwich with the District Leader
there
Friday - Trade off
all day
Saturday- District
Meeting and working back in my area
Sunday- In my
area
I have to be honest
when I say that I really didn't feel like I was in my area. Between jumping
around the zone and other things, I didn't actually get to do much in my assigned
area. That being said it was still such an amazing week full of miracles.
It was kind of a
different type of special training this week. President and Sister Howes are
getting ready to leave and President and Sister Checketts are preparing to
come. As a result, this special training was a look back on their time as
mission parents. It was a time to look back on the many lessons that we have
all learned.
We took time to write up on the board all of the trainings that
they gave, as far back as we can remember. In addition to that, Sister Howes
gave us a training on remaining active after our mission. President Howes,
while he was a Stake President, went around and found that 30% of the return
missionaries in his stake, went less active on returning home. As a Zone, we
took the time to make a list of things that each of us, regardless of where we
are in our lives, can do to make sure we stay on the right track. I invite each
of us to look at whether or not we are doing these things to endure to the end.
In a more spiritual
sense. Many of you know we had Stake Conference not too long ago where we were
able to help Felix receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. As I sat and looked at
Felix and the many others that stood to be recognized for their advancement, I
wanted more. I pondered what we could do to make sure we had more people
prepared for the next conference so that more people could receive the
Priesthood. A thought came to mind to start now and to identify and work with
people to help them get the Priesthood. I thought it was early but asked each
companionship to have two people they are actively working with to help them
receive the Melchizedek Priesthood for next stake conference. Well, the other
night we got a message from President Howes stating that the Quorum of the 12
Apostles have approved for a special stake conference to take place on the 24th
of May.
In preparation for
that, the stake president has asked that the entire stake prepare 25 people to
receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. With about a month, it is a very tight amount
of time to find and to begin preparing people receive the Melchizedek
Priesthood. We were then asked to report all of the people we were working
with. Within ten minutes of getting the text message, we were able to report
seven people with whom we had been working with to help them receive the
Melchizedek Priesthood. As I hung up from reporting the names, a thought popped
in my mind saying, "This is why you prepared." The Lord knew that
this conference would be called and He knew what would be expected for this
conference. I am grateful for the Lord directing this work more than I can
possibly understand.
Thank you so much for
the support that each of you continue to show me. I truly do appreciate it. I
hope that each of us can continually be led by our Heavenly Father to do his
will and to do his work. I know each of us can do this no matter our
capacity.
Love,
Elder Wilde
P.S. On a not so important note the district got to district meeting early and wrote on the board wishing me happy birthday. The "DNFU" means (Do not forget us) and is something that Sister Howes said at special training. "Good Good Good" is something that President Howes says all the time.
P.S. On a not so important note the district got to district meeting early and wrote on the board wishing me happy birthday. The "DNFU" means (Do not forget us) and is something that Sister Howes said at special training. "Good Good Good" is something that President Howes says all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment